Thursday, September 13, 2012

Well......

I am NOT a happy camper. I just spent almost 2 hours working on my binding for the CORE quilt making sure all the strips matched up perfectly so you could not see the seams. Then when I held it up to the quilt for final inspection, I was not happy with the way it looked. For some reason the 3rd time around it struck me funny so back to home plate. However, I do not have any fabric on hand that pops with me....guess a trip to the quilt shop is needed. Oh darn...don't you just hate that. And I so wanted to finish my quilt.

In the meantime I will begin the next project for the QA series.

2 comments:

  1. I'm jealous of your trip to the quilt shop. I haven't found one I like yet. Currently I'm buying most of my fabric online. I've had good success from several shops on eBay. Then I found Connecting Threads which I really love. Through the FabShopHop I've found many more. I get overwhelmed with all of the eye candy but it sure is fun window shopping. After I retire I hope to find a local shop to patronize.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am very lucky that I live where locally I have 3 good shops close by and then within a 30 min trip there are at least 4 that I know about. I too like looking at the fabric online, however, I love touching it - seems to speak to me more that way. I know, one of my little quirks. However, currently I am trying to clean out my stash. I had a friend who no longer wanted to quilt and gave me all her supplies. It is slowly going down and then I plan on buying on project by project basis. That way I have what I need and the quilt will be more cohesive.

      Delete