Saturday, September 8, 2012

Triple Rail Fence Post Top Complete

What a beautiful, sunny morning I have woken to here in North Carolina. I have a fresh cup of coffee in hand - so let's talk about the Triple Rail Fence Post Quilt, Project 4 from the Quilter's Academy Book 1 - Freshman Year. The top is complete and ready for quilting. I am very pleased with how it and the mitered corners on the outside border look. Now, please keep in mind this is the first time for my attempting this type of corner. But it was easier than I thought with such detailed instructions from Ms. Harriet. Finding her series of quilting instruction books was like hitting a gold mind.

Here are a couple of pics of the corners and completed top:




When sewing on the border you stop at
the next sides seam line - 1/4" from the edge.





These two show the completed
corners. Nice - yes?







The completed top - not quilted:



Now, onward to yet another learning experience. I am thinking about pulling out a quilt I started before I happened upon Quilter's Academy. I want to take what I have learned thus far and apply it to this quilt for what I hope to be a favorable outcome.

Have a blessed day from North Carolina,
debbie













No comments:

Post a Comment