Monday, September 17, 2012

Core Quilt is Complete...

My very special Core quilt is complete and currently being laundered so it will be ready for TV time tonight or perhaps a little nap time. However, in my last post I said I needed to purchase fabric for the binding, so, yesterday hubby and I went in search to see what we could find:

  1. He realized me in a quilt shop is not a good combination since I fell in love with everything I saw.
  2. After several shops I could not find anything that jumped out at me and said "I am it - take me home" for the binding. Problem is in the fabrics I used in the quilt - too much to find a good match.
  3. Then it hit me - why not use the cheater binder made by Wright's? They have all colors and in the long run it would be a lot easier with all the cutting and sewing of making my own binding. I then thought what would Ms. Harriet say to this, but, sometimes you just have to make the best decision and go with it.
  4. So, off to the local fabric shop and 3 packages of quilting tape later I am home with my binding.
I spent today sewing it on, turning it, and hand sewing in the back to hide the stitches. Here is a few pictures to show the final product. Fun huh?

Happy day from North Carolina,
debbie





2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! It turned out wonderfully. My husband worries about ordering stuff online. I don't have time to go to the store but I can spend time late I the evening looking and many pictures online drooling over fabric.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you again. I do love this quilt and so does my little doxie, Riley. For the most part he has claimed it as his for night time sleeping on the "big bed". LOL - I can see another quilt in the making for myself. Oh, and tell your hubby not to worry. I also order from Connecting Thread and have other places with no problems. As long as you check-out at a secure site you should be fine. Keep shopping and having fun.

      Delete