Sunday, September 9, 2012

QUICK UPDATE OF "CORE" QUILT

I now have all the "core" design pieces sewn together and am working on putting the rows together. And then onto ditch quilting with invisible thread as instructed by Harriet Hargrave in Quilter's Academy series, vol. 1. I actually used this on the first quilt I completed in her series and it does make the quilting look much nicer. You do not see the colored quilting thread and it helps to hide when your lines are not straight.

I will then do an overall quilting of curved lines just to give added dimension to the shape of the cores in an antique color cotton quilting thread. Once completed I will share pics of the outcome.

Then back to Quilter's Academy for the next project in line. May we always be learning and growing to follow our dreams.

From North Carolina,
debbie

No comments:

Post a Comment