Friday, September 21, 2012

Projects Update: Moving forward

(1) Log Cabin Table Runner is complete:

I had someone ask me if I enjoyed making this design and I told them NO. Since my coma a few years ago I have problems with rights and lefts and kept wanting to sew the log strips in the wrong places. However, since this is now complete I know this design is one that I still need to work on. Therefore I am already making plans for a large Log Cabin Quilt after I complete the next couple of projects.

(2) The next project in line is CARRIE’S COUNTRY LANES TABLE RUNNER using both the Rail Fence and 4-Patch blocks along with solid blocks. Since I have made several table runners lately I made the decision to turn this project into a small quilt with children's fun girl designs. I will then donate it to my local Project Linus organization.

In preparation for this quilt I wanted to stay as much as possible with Carrie's design, just altering the size. I used the skills from the drafting section of the QA book and redrew how I wanted the quilt to look. Then I calculated the amount of blocks I would need along with fabric. 

I have cut out all the pieces and am in the process of sewing the 4-Patch blocks together. Keeping my fingers crossed that my calculations are correct.

(3) After this project I will have 6 more and then the final exam. All of these will be completed as quilts with some being made in children's fabrics for Project Linus.

(4) While working on final tops, I am also working on free-motion quilting from Ms. Harriet's book Heirloom Machine Quilting, 4th Edition. 

I am also enjoying the crisp fall weather that is moving into North Carolina and looking forward to the upcoming holiday season. It is just around the corner. Enjoy your day...until next time,

debbie





No comments:

Post a Comment