Saturday, September 8, 2012

The Eclectic Core of Life

The Big Apple, Fons & Porter


This quilt, from the Fons & Porter's Love of Quilting, July/August 2012 magazine (The Big Apple) is one I started before the Quilter's Academy Series. 




When I picked the fabrics for this I was using from my stash and wanted to base the theme around the print of what touched me as the "Lady living her life" in several ways. I then decided to make the colors vivid, eclectic in choice, and ones whose colors ranked among my favorites. Because of these choices and the "core" shape design, I am calling this quilt The Eclectic Core of Life.

I had previously cut the "core" pieces and started sewing them before beginning my studies with QA. I wish now it had been the other way around - but such is life and I plan to make alterations where needed based upon what I have learned. However, this quilt will reside on my favorite chair and will be used while I am watching TV, reading, or just enjoying a good cup of java.



You use lots of pins when sewing the cores together. No chain sewing here - very time consuming.




The quilt will have 7 rows with 6 cores to each row. The individual rows look like this before putting together. After all the rows are complete I will arrange them for best eye appeal.

Well, in between the household chores for the day I hope to get the rows completed tonight. We shall see...from North Carolina,

Have a great evening,
debbie




No comments:

Post a Comment