Saturday, September 29, 2012

Back among the Living - so to speak...

It seems like forever since I have visited my blog, but with resting my leg/knee for the better part of the week I really have had nothing to report. So today I thought I would happily report that I am back among the living and ready to start quilting again.

I did work on the hand quilting of the Mary Jane at play quilt and realized with all the years of cross-stitch, hand embroidery, sewing, etc. I have under my belt that hand quilting was not much different. It is very relaxing and I rather enjoyed it. However, me being a type-A personality I have a long way to go with getting my stitches "perfect" where I am satisfied with them. So this prompted me to try the free-motion quilting again using the Q-Snap hoop that my hubby bought me this week. It works great, only problem is that the hoop is too large even for my long-neck quilting machine. I really need a smaller size hoop and this Q-Snap hoop can be made from PVC piping and since I have the elbow joints I will see if hubby will make me a smaller one. Then off to work on quilting the Mary Jane quilt free-motion style. I will report back later when progress is made.

In the mean-time, my oldest Daughter stopped by the house and saw the apple core lap quilt I made and loved it. I mean really, really loved it. You are reading my mind...my next project is going to be another core quilt for her. I know this means yet another road block from my Quilter's Academy study, however, life still continues and I know she will be very surprised once it is finished. As the project progresses I will post some pics.

From rainy North Carolina...keep quilting,
debbie

No comments:

Post a Comment