Friday, September 14, 2012

Log Cabin Quilt

I spent the better part of last evening going through my stash to find fabrics for the next project, The Log Cabin Quilt. It was after trying several color combinations that I realized I did not have what is needed for this project. Now, as I have said several times, I am trying to use up my stash before going out and purchasing more fabrics - unless just absolutely needed. Most of what I have is fat quarters with a huge variance in colors. My dear friend from the coast decided to get out of sewing and quilting for other interest and gave me all the fabrics she had. I have been using them and figured now was the time to deplete the stash. But, I am getting off course...

So, after some frustration I knew there was a way I could make this top without having to make a fabric purchase and it hit me - I could do a scrap type quilt with a mixture of dark and light fabrics. I then pulled all my scrap pieces and fat quarters and began putting together a game plan.

Today has been spent matching, cutting, and sewing the blocks together.  Hopefully I will finish this process by tonight - but then there is this thing called life that keeps getting in the way. I think I want to take a stay home vacation where I am released from all duties for one week and can do nothing but work on my quilting. Think it will fly? Until next time...

From sunny North Carolina,
debbie

No comments:

Post a Comment